Saturday, June 18, 2016

Days 2-3 Random Thoughts

Random thoughts from Friday night - Antigua thunderstorms remind me of Oklahoma thunderstorms without the threat of tornados. 
The rain let up a bit on Friday so I was able to find Casa Santa Domingo hotel, take their shuttle to the side of a mountain, walk around and explore the outdoor art installations, get seated for dinner, and then it hit again and hasn't stopped. After returning to said hotel, I walked the mile or so "home" in a heavy drizzle. 
I met some people from Texas here for missionary work. They were nice and quite impressed that I'm here all alone. I'm all like, "What's the big deal?" It's all good. I've met people and found some good food and interesting sights. 

I like Antigua. It's quaint and has a certain charm about it, but I think I'll be ready to head to the lake on Sunday. 

Volcan Agua is south of the city. You can barely see its silhouette.

I love these flowering hanging vines. So pretty. 



The more you drink, the cheaper it gets! 30q is almost $4. I try to remember by 10s. 10q is $1.31. 
Hehe. 

One of my many door pictures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment